Poland offers an honorary monthly benefit for those who reach 100 years of age. The payment is offered to any Polish citizen achieving this milestone, including but certainly not limited to Holocaust survivors living abroad. Currently, we are colloquially referring to this pension as the “centenarian pension.”

To this end, Polish Pension Help has partnered with Polaron, a company which assists people in obtaining European citizenship. Polaron has generously donated their time, experience, skills, and efforts to help survivors who are reaching 100 years of age to obtain the citizenship documents necessary to apply for this pension.

To learn more about this benefit, please see the frequently asked questions (FAQs) below:

Updated November 13, 2022

  1. How much is the benefit?
    As of November, 2022, the benefit is 4,567.16 złotys, which, as of November 13, 2022, is equivalent to 1,010.00 USD per month.
  2. What are the requirements to apply?
    One needs only to be a Polish citizen, living in Poland or abroad, who is receiving a benefit from Poland.
  3. I was not approved for the Polish benefit offered to Holocaust survivors. Can I still apply for the centenarian pension?
    Yes. The centenarian pension is for those Polish citizens who reach 100 years, whether or not they experienced oppression during the war.
  4. I was born in Poland. Aren’t I automatically a Polish citizen?
    No. You may have been a Polish citizen at birth, but you may have lost it upon becoming a citizen of a foreign country. Poland does not accept dual citizenship. However, it is possible to obtain Polish citizenship again by proving that one or both of one’s parents were Polish citizens. Basically, if at least one parent was born in Poland and resided there after 1920, then you can apply to obtain a confirmation of your Polish citizenship.
  5. How long does the process take?
    The process is usually long. It can take anywhere from nine months to one year. This is why we suggest eligible applicants start the process upon turning 99 years old.
  6. How much does this cost?
    There is no cost for Holocaust survivors. Polish citizens who were not Holocaust survivors who wish to apply can contact Polaron for assistance.
  7. How do I apply?
    You can start by completing a short form here.