Contacting Poland on behalf of someone else

Sometimes a social worker, family member or other representative may wish to make an inquiry or send documentation to UdSKiOR or ZUS on behalf of an applicant. In order to do so, the other party should sign and submit a power of attorney stating that the applicant gives the representative permission to communicate with Poland about his or her case. (The power of attorney gives the agent no other powers other than this.) The power of attorney can be emailed to either institution along with the request.

The power of attorney, which is in both English and Polish, can be found here.

Please note: Since the pandemic began in March, 2020, Poland has waived the requirement that the form be notarized, so it is not a necessity at this time.

Updated February 21, 2023